Yokohama Tire Corp. names new president
Better Roads Staff | May 26, 2011
Yokohama Tire Corp. (YTC) announced that Yasushi Tanaka will be the company’s new president and CEO, effective June 29. Tanaka succeeds Takao Oishi, who has been at the helm of YTC since April 2008.
Tanaka, who joined YRC in 1982, will now be based at YTC’s corporate headquarters in Fullerton, California. His promotion also includes being named president of Yokohama Corporation of America and president of Yokohama Corporation of North America. Tanaka remains a YRC corporate officer.
Oishi, who has been assigned to director and managing corporate officer effective June 29, returns to Japan as general manager of Industrial Products Business Group.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges190 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views