XL Specialized Trailers showcases low-profile, detachable gooseneck trailer
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 16, 2014
XL Specialized Trailers displayed its XL 110 Low-Profile Hydraulic Detachable Gooseneck (HDG) trailer at ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014.
The trailer for hauling heavy construction equipment has a 13-inch-long, low-profile neck and a five position variable ride height. It also features an overall length of 53 feet with an overall width of 102 inches. It is rated at 110,000 pounds capacity and 100,000 pounds in 10-feet concentrated.
The apitong decking, which is a wood that is stronger than oak, has a 26-foot long main deck before the 32-degree approach and includes 80K web and T1 flange steel, 13 chain slots and seven bent D-rings on each side, as well as heavy-duty removable swing-out outriggers for hauling extra-wide loads.
The loaded deck is 8 inches high with a 24-inch ground clearance. An 18-inch high model with a 6-inch ground clearance is also available.
The rear bridge is 14 feet long with a 40-inch loaded deck height.
To haul equipment on the rear bridge, the XL 110 is equipped with bolster chain slots and comes with the option of bolt-on load-bearing wheel covers for hauling loads on top of the cover or semi load-bearing wheel covers to drive equipment onto the bolsters. The bolt-on feature enables users to remove and attach them as needed.
Three 25,000-pound minimal axles on the rear bridge, spaced at 54.5 inches apart are offered. 60-inch spacing is also available.
MORE FROM ConExpo-Con/Agg 2014
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse441 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers135 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects74 Views