Work Trucks Set New Efficiency Standards
John Latta | August 9, 2011
Work trucks, including pickups and dumps trucks, buses and other heavy-duty vehicles will, for the first time, have to trim fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions under new efficiency standards. The White House says the standards – which apply to vehicle model years 2014 to 2018 – will save businesses billions of dollars in fuel costs, help reduce oil consumption and cut air pollution.
Read the entire story from the staff of our sister publication Commercial Carrier Journal.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure218 Views
- Rollover accident caused from surprise gravel road144 Views
- Don't drink and drive...especially your wheel loader!116 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress115 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views