Work Trucks Set New Efficiency Standards
John Latta | August 9, 2011
Work trucks, including pickups and dumps trucks, buses and other heavy-duty vehicles will, for the first time, have to trim fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions under new efficiency standards. The White House says the standards – which apply to vehicle model years 2014 to 2018 – will save businesses billions of dollars in fuel costs, help reduce oil consumption and cut air pollution.
Read the entire story from the staff of our sister publication Commercial Carrier Journal.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party469 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax247 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion211 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September179 Views
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?148 Views