Work Trucks Set New Efficiency Standards
John Latta | August 9, 2011
Work trucks, including pickups and dumps trucks, buses and other heavy-duty vehicles will, for the first time, have to trim fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions under new efficiency standards. The White House says the standards – which apply to vehicle model years 2014 to 2018 – will save businesses billions of dollars in fuel costs, help reduce oil consumption and cut air pollution.
Read the entire story from the staff of our sister publication Commercial Carrier Journal.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work1475 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority823 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles710 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans520 Views
- Construction error and weather causes new pavement to crumble within hours503 Views