Work Trucks Set New Efficiency Standards
John Latta | August 9, 2011
Work trucks, including pickups and dumps trucks, buses and other heavy-duty vehicles will, for the first time, have to trim fuel consumption and greenhouse gas emissions under new efficiency standards. The White House says the standards – which apply to vehicle model years 2014 to 2018 – will save businesses billions of dollars in fuel costs, help reduce oil consumption and cut air pollution.
Read the entire story from the staff of our sister publication Commercial Carrier Journal.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker266 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes146 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges144 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver130 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon113 Views