Work on I-80, Brownson to Sidney in Nebrask, begins Sept. 4
Staff Report | August 30, 2012
Weather permitting, construction work is scheduled to begin the week of Sept. 4 on
I-80 between Reference Post 46 at Brownson and Reference Post 61 at Sidney, according to
the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
Ballou Pavement Solutions Inc. of Salina, Kansas, has the $1.4 million contract.
Microsurfacing will be performed for pavement preservation.
The speed limit will be reduced to 65 mph and traffic will be diverted into one lane each
direction as needed during daytime hours only. All lanes will be open overnight. Work is
anticipated to be completed in October.
The NDOR’s project manager for this project is Maryanne Jacobs of Gering. Motorists
are reminded to follow construction signs and to drive cautiously through highway work zones.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker270 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges237 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes211 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards126 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon117 Views