Work on I-80, Brownson to Sidney in Nebrask, begins Sept. 4
Staff Report | August 30, 2012
Weather permitting, construction work is scheduled to begin the week of Sept. 4 on
I-80 between Reference Post 46 at Brownson and Reference Post 61 at Sidney, according to
the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
Ballou Pavement Solutions Inc. of Salina, Kansas, has the $1.4 million contract.
Microsurfacing will be performed for pavement preservation.
The speed limit will be reduced to 65 mph and traffic will be diverted into one lane each
direction as needed during daytime hours only. All lanes will be open overnight. Work is
anticipated to be completed in October.
The NDOR’s project manager for this project is Maryanne Jacobs of Gering. Motorists
are reminded to follow construction signs and to drive cautiously through highway work zones.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party465 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax325 Views
- Success regardless of gender: Kari Karst’s BX Civil & Construction208 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax190 Views
- Flagman caught boozing on the job185 Views