Work on I-80, Brownson to Sidney in Nebrask, begins Sept. 4
Staff Report | August 30, 2012
Weather permitting, construction work is scheduled to begin the week of Sept. 4 on
I-80 between Reference Post 46 at Brownson and Reference Post 61 at Sidney, according to
the Nebraska Department of Roads (NDOR).
Ballou Pavement Solutions Inc. of Salina, Kansas, has the $1.4 million contract.
Microsurfacing will be performed for pavement preservation.
The speed limit will be reduced to 65 mph and traffic will be diverted into one lane each
direction as needed during daytime hours only. All lanes will be open overnight. Work is
anticipated to be completed in October.
The NDOR’s project manager for this project is Maryanne Jacobs of Gering. Motorists
are reminded to follow construction signs and to drive cautiously through highway work zones.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2269 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority623 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles543 Views