WisDOT launches Wisconsin 511 Twitter feed, project website
Amanda Bayhi | May 31, 2013
Both are part of the broader Wisconsin 511 website.
The website, projects.511wi.gov, provides real-time travel information such as closures and travel times, project news, schedules, updates and detailed maps. The site also offers resources like project contacts, tools for impacted businesses and links to alternative transportation options.
Travelers following Wisconsin 511’s Twitter, @511WI, are updated with information about construction activities, incidents, crashes and closures in the state. Other 511 Twitter feeds are also available, allowing travelers to choose which provides the best information for the route they travel.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes614 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts544 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse498 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers167 Views
- 'Drive Sober or Get Pulled Over' holiday crackdown begins72 Views