WisDOT launches Wisconsin 511 Twitter feed, project website
Amanda Bayhi | May 31, 2013
Both are part of the broader Wisconsin 511 website.
The website, projects.511wi.gov, provides real-time travel information such as closures and travel times, project news, schedules, updates and detailed maps. The site also offers resources like project contacts, tools for impacted businesses and links to alternative transportation options.
Travelers following Wisconsin 511’s Twitter, @511WI, are updated with information about construction activities, incidents, crashes and closures in the state. Other 511 Twitter feeds are also available, allowing travelers to choose which provides the best information for the route they travel.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges378 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory337 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college320 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress217 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?153 Views