WisDOT launches Wisconsin 511 Twitter feed, project website
Amanda Bayhi | May 31, 2013
Both are part of the broader Wisconsin 511 website.
The website, projects.511wi.gov, provides real-time travel information such as closures and travel times, project news, schedules, updates and detailed maps. The site also offers resources like project contacts, tools for impacted businesses and links to alternative transportation options.
Travelers following Wisconsin 511’s Twitter, @511WI, are updated with information about construction activities, incidents, crashes and closures in the state. Other 511 Twitter feeds are also available, allowing travelers to choose which provides the best information for the route they travel.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Most gorgeous freeway ever?701 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax590 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards473 Views
- Boxer urges House Ways & Means Committee to save Highway Trust Fund410 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete274 Views