WisDOT launches Wisconsin 511 Twitter feed, project website
Amanda Bayhi | May 31, 2013
Both are part of the broader Wisconsin 511 website.
The website, projects.511wi.gov, provides real-time travel information such as closures and travel times, project news, schedules, updates and detailed maps. The site also offers resources like project contacts, tools for impacted businesses and links to alternative transportation options.
Travelers following Wisconsin 511’s Twitter, @511WI, are updated with information about construction activities, incidents, crashes and closures in the state. Other 511 Twitter feeds are also available, allowing travelers to choose which provides the best information for the route they travel.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident981 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side554 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?509 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse481 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views