Wirtgen Group displays crusher drum technology in new Hamm H 25i compactor at Bauma 2013
Amanda Bayhi | April 15, 2013
Our sister site, Equipment World, reported today from Munich on Wirtgen’s newest technology, a combination of a concrete/asphalt milling drum with a vibrating roller that the company calls a “crusher drum.”
The crusher drum, which is on display in the company’s new Hamm H 25i compactor at Bauma, destroys material underfoot while on the move.
Applications for the crusher drum include breaking or pre-crushing rock, breaking up concrete, crushing and compacting mixed soils, compacting cohesive soils, compacting during cold recycling and stabilization.
In addition to the Hamm H 25i, Wirtgen Group is also displaying its Hamm HD 10 roller, featuring the company’s oscillating drum, which Wirtgen has extended to the smaller sizes of Hamm rollers.
The oscillating drum reduces the possibility of damaging surrounding structures by compacting asphalt with a fore and aft vibratory motion instead of up and down. This also provides more consistent density.
For more information about the products on display at Wirtgen’s booth, check out the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident970 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side546 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?508 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse365 Views