Wirtgen Group displays crusher drum technology in new Hamm H 25i compactor at Bauma 2013
Amanda Bayhi | April 15, 2013
Our sister site, Equipment World, reported today from Munich on Wirtgen’s newest technology, a combination of a concrete/asphalt milling drum with a vibrating roller that the company calls a “crusher drum.”
The crusher drum, which is on display in the company’s new Hamm H 25i compactor at Bauma, destroys material underfoot while on the move.
Applications for the crusher drum include breaking or pre-crushing rock, breaking up concrete, crushing and compacting mixed soils, compacting cohesive soils, compacting during cold recycling and stabilization.
In addition to the Hamm H 25i, Wirtgen Group is also displaying its Hamm HD 10 roller, featuring the company’s oscillating drum, which Wirtgen has extended to the smaller sizes of Hamm rollers.
The oscillating drum reduces the possibility of damaging surrounding structures by compacting asphalt with a fore and aft vibratory motion instead of up and down. This also provides more consistent density.
For more information about the products on display at Wirtgen’s booth, check out the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong864 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views