Winston-Salem vies for Cat plant
The Winston-Salem City Council will offer a total of $14.35 million to entice Cat to build a plant in the area, reports the Winston-Salem Journal.
Winston-Salem has appeared the most proactive of three cities reportedly up for the plant, which include Montgomery, Alabama, and Spartansburg, South Carolina. Last week, Hyundai Heavy Industries named Montgomery as the site of its new U.S. plant.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141336 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields329 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG260 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers237 Views
- Don’t mess with the toll roads; Virginia man racks up $250K bill231 Views