Winston-Salem vies for Cat plant
Marcia Gruver Doyle | July 21, 2010
The Winston-Salem City Council will offer a total of $14.35 million to entice Cat to build a plant in the area, reports the Winston-Salem Journal.
Winston-Salem has appeared the most proactive of three cities reportedly up for the plant, which include Montgomery, Alabama, and Spartansburg, South Carolina. Last week, Hyundai Heavy Industries named Montgomery as the site of its new U.S. plant.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2218 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1273 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project543 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans480 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 310 Views