Winston-Salem vies for Cat plant
Marcia Gruver Doyle | July 21, 2010
The Winston-Salem City Council will offer a total of $14.35 million to entice Cat to build a plant in the area, reports the Winston-Salem Journal.
Winston-Salem has appeared the most proactive of three cities reportedly up for the plant, which include Montgomery, Alabama, and Spartansburg, South Carolina. Last week, Hyundai Heavy Industries named Montgomery as the site of its new U.S. plant.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory341 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress234 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?192 Views