Winston-Salem vies for Cat plant
Marcia Gruver Doyle | July 21, 2010
The Winston-Salem City Council will offer a total of $14.35 million to entice Cat to build a plant in the area, reports the Winston-Salem Journal.
Winston-Salem has appeared the most proactive of three cities reportedly up for the plant, which include Montgomery, Alabama, and Spartansburg, South Carolina. Last week, Hyundai Heavy Industries named Montgomery as the site of its new U.S. plant.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1004 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles736 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse653 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side578 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005339 Views