Winston-Salem vies for Cat plant
The Winston-Salem City Council will offer a total of $14.35 million to entice Cat to build a plant in the area, reports the Winston-Salem Journal.
Winston-Salem has appeared the most proactive of three cities reportedly up for the plant, which include Montgomery, Alabama, and Spartansburg, South Carolina. Last week, Hyundai Heavy Industries named Montgomery as the site of its new U.S. plant.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- MoDOT employs robot to mow roadside grass1538 Views
- CDOT “Slow for the Cone Zone” ads depict kids as construction workers449 Views
- USDOT to release $15.6 million for I-5 bridge436 Views
- 25 percent of U.S. bridges classified as deficient in 2012379 Views
- Private money: A funding wildcard in 2014284 Views