What's your favorite road?
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 11, 2009
Now motorists can show off and discuss their favorite roads and fond memories that go along with trips down those roads.
The Asphalt Institute’s publication, Asphalt magazine, is launching a new project, FavoriteRoad.com. The new Web site that showcases photos and stories of the driving public’s favorite roads
The site is for people who are passionate about their driving experience, and draws attention to the roads that drivers like best and why. When posting a photo or story, the site prompts users to also indicate the pavement type of their favorite road.
“With the nation’s increased focus on infrastructure and maintaining our roadways, this Web site showcases the public’s enthusiasm for driving and their realization that their favorite roads are very likely paved with asphalt,” said Peter Grass, president of the Asphalt Institute, in a written statement announcing the new Website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts532 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views