What’s your favorite road?
Tina Grady Barbaccia | November 11, 2009
Now motorists can show off and discuss their favorite roads and fond memories that go along with trips down those roads.
The Asphalt Institute’s publication, Asphalt magazine, is launching a new project, FavoriteRoad.com. The new Web site that showcases photos and stories of the driving public’s favorite roads
The site is for people who are passionate about their driving experience, and draws attention to the roads that drivers like best and why. When posting a photo or story, the site prompts users to also indicate the pavement type of their favorite road.
“With the nation’s increased focus on infrastructure and maintaining our roadways, this Web site showcases the public’s enthusiasm for driving and their realization that their favorite roads are very likely paved with asphalt,” said Peter Grass, president of the Asphalt Institute, in a written statement announcing the new Website.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges190 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views