What? Another extension? Really?
This will surprise no one.
Senator Barbara Boxer (D-Ca), chair of the Senate Environment and Public Works committee and therefore the key senator in any reauthorization legislation process, is setting up another extension for dear old SAFETEA-LU.
During Thursday’s call, according to AASHTO, Boxer told stakeholders that the four-month extension will be “clean,” meaning free of any policy changes. It would continue existing funding levels through January. The current levels have been frozen since Fiscal Year 2009, when the last multi-year federal surface transportation authorization law known quaintly as “SAFETEA-LU” expired.
And finally, says AASHTO, Boxer said that if revenue offsets not be agreed upon by the Sept. 8 markup, committee consideration of the two-year reauthorization bill could be postponed.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future267 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG254 Views