Western Star marks 10-year anniversary of Portland, Ore., manufacturing plant
Fort Mill, S.C.-based Western Star Truck Sales today recognized the 10th anniversary of its Portland, Ore., truck manufacturing plant.
Currently employing more than 1,000 people working two full shifts, the plant produces the full line of Western Star products including the 4700, 4800, 4900 and 6900 truck models that meet the highest standard of comfort, power, convenience and durability.
Relocating to the Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) Portland plant from Kelowna, British Columbia, in 2002, Western Star produced its first 4900 truck model in June of that year. The truck is now one of nearly 50,000 trucks the company has manufactured at the facility to-date.
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: Airline surprises passengers by granting Christmas wishes1543 Views
- You shouldn’t be a roadbuilder if…632 Views
- Transportation officials break ground on $1.3 billion Highway 91 expansion project in California372 Views
- VIDEO: Rapid-set cement helps rehab seven overpasses, one bridge in St. Louis310 Views
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014305 Views