Watch here Wednesday 21st at 1 pm EDT
John Latta | April 20, 2010
Not right here but at the Transportation TV window below us on this screen.
Why? Because you see this event live: AASHTO release of a report on “livability”, an increasingly important factor in future funding and construction work.
In an effort to set the stage for sound policy decisions, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) is releasing a new report, The Road to Livability.
transportation authorization legislation.multiyearWashington, D.C. – The U.S. Department of Transportation has indicated that livability is among the Administration’s top considerations for future transportation funding. Soon it will be up to Congress to determine how “livability” will fit into the next
The report shows how road-related investments as well as improvements to transit, walking and biking can improve the standard of living, the environment, and quality of life for all communities, rural, suburban and urban.
WHO: John Horsley, executive director, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs385 Views
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?385 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges190 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views