Watch here Wednesday 21st at 1 pm EDT
John Latta | April 20, 2010
Not right here but at the Transportation TV window below us on this screen.
Why? Because you see this event live: AASHTO release of a report on “livability”, an increasingly important factor in future funding and construction work.
In an effort to set the stage for sound policy decisions, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) is releasing a new report, The Road to Livability.
transportation authorization legislation.multiyearWashington, D.C. – The U.S. Department of Transportation has indicated that livability is among the Administration’s top considerations for future transportation funding. Soon it will be up to Congress to determine how “livability” will fit into the next
The report shows how road-related investments as well as improvements to transit, walking and biking can improve the standard of living, the environment, and quality of life for all communities, rural, suburban and urban.
WHO: John Horsley, executive director, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River632 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs390 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business374 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update343 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan209 Views