Watch here Wednesday 21st at 1 pm EDT
John Latta | April 20, 2010
Not right here but at the Transportation TV window below us on this screen.
Why? Because you see this event live: AASHTO release of a report on “livability”, an increasingly important factor in future funding and construction work.
In an effort to set the stage for sound policy decisions, the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) is releasing a new report, The Road to Livability.
transportation authorization legislation.multiyearWashington, D.C. – The U.S. Department of Transportation has indicated that livability is among the Administration’s top considerations for future transportation funding. Soon it will be up to Congress to determine how “livability” will fit into the next
The report shows how road-related investments as well as improvements to transit, walking and biking can improve the standard of living, the environment, and quality of life for all communities, rural, suburban and urban.
WHO: John Horsley, executive director, American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party478 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion223 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax222 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues116 Views