Wacker Neuson ends contract with Gehl Corp.
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 2, 2012
Wacker Neuson ended its long-standing agreement with Gehl Corp., effective Dec. 31, 2011.
Wacker Neuson has been the exclusive manufacturer of Gehl and Mustang branded compact excavators and all wheel steer loaders since 1999.
Christopher Barnard, president and CEO of Wacker Neuson Corp., says that the the termination of the Gehl contract is consistent with the company’s strategy in North America, which he says is “to focus resources and products on the further development of the Wacker Neuson brand for its unique and extensive combined product offering of compact equipment as well as light equipment.”
Barnard adds in a written statement: “This increased focus on this broad product range will enhance our ability to better support Wacker Neuson’s extensive North American distribution system.”
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- 3 workers hit, 1 killed in highway construction zone crash1583 Views
- Man dies after pedestrian bridge collapses1020 Views
- Salt prices to hurt road budgets992 Views
- PHOTOS: Directional drill dives from trailer, dangles over Dallas freeway742 Views
- Are flying robots the future of road construction?629 Views