Vulcan attempting $1 billion more from Martin Marietta takeover bid?
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 14, 2011
Vulcan Materials Co. may be betting it can squeeze $1 billion more out of a takeover bid that’s already the most expensive for a U.S. building material company, according to a Dec. 14 Bloomberg report.
Martin Marietta Materials Inc.’s $4.8 billion hostile offer for Birmingham, Ala.-based Vulcan values the largest American producer of crushed stone at 24 times earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, according to the Bloomberg report. The multiple is the highest on record for an acquisition greater than $500 million of a U.S. maker of building materials such as cement, according to data compiled by Bloomberg that includes net debt.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...945 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house616 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views