Vulcan attempting $1 billion more from Martin Marietta takeover bid?
Vulcan Materials Co. may be betting it can squeeze $1 billion more out of a takeover bid that’s already the most expensive for a U.S. building material company, according to a Dec. 14 Bloomberg report.
Martin Marietta Materials Inc.’s $4.8 billion hostile offer for Birmingham, Ala.-based Vulcan values the largest American producer of crushed stone at 24 times earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization, according to the Bloomberg report. The multiple is the highest on record for an acquisition greater than $500 million of a U.S. maker of building materials such as cement, according to data compiled by Bloomberg that includes net debt.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)330 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots295 Views