Vovo moves North American HQ to Shippensburg
Marcia Gruver Doyle | March 15, 2011
Volvo Construction Equipment is moving its North American headquarters to Shippensburg, Pennsylvania, spending $100 million to expand its facility to start wheel loader, articulated hauler and excavator production. The move, scheduled to be complete by September, 2012, also involves Volvo Rents.
The move will result in shorter lead times for customers, says Olof Persson, president and CEO of Volvo CE. In addition to production facilities, the company will build a new Customer and Demonstration Center along with an office building in Shippensburg. The move will affect 220 employees, who will be given the opportunity to relocate.
The Shippensburg facility, which saw a $30 million expansion in 2010, now produces motor graders
MORE FROM Industry
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1268 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers854 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project436 Views
- FDOT removing campaign signs350 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?338 Views