Volvo’s Working Iron Challenge to show reality of industry
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | January 20, 2011
The Working Iron Challenge by Volvo Construction Equipment provides an online opportunity for publishing videos of people working hard, smart and safe on jobsites across the United States and Canada. The challenge is intended to portray the reality of construction and other demanding fields as individual testaments that exemplify the term “Working Iron.”
Video clips submitted to the Working Iron Challenge website can qualify for public voting with prizes awarded to the best videos. Everyone who submits a video will have the opportunity to receive a monthly participant prize. Entries must express any of the elements that define working hard by overcoming obstacles, working efficiently by lowering fuel consumption and working safely. The grand prize-winning video will be announced at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011.
The grand-prize winner will receive a trip for two to a premier sports event of their choice: the summer stock car race at Daytona, a professional hockey finals game, the college football national championship game or the men’s college basketball national championship game.
Entrants have until Feb. 24 to register and submit video entries in the challenge at workingironchallenge.com.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?432 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs394 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges193 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants174 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views