Volvo's Working Iron Challenge to show reality of industry
Lauren Heartsill Dowdle | January 20, 2011
The Working Iron Challenge by Volvo Construction Equipment provides an online opportunity for publishing videos of people working hard, smart and safe on jobsites across the United States and Canada. The challenge is intended to portray the reality of construction and other demanding fields as individual testaments that exemplify the term “Working Iron.”
Video clips submitted to the Working Iron Challenge website can qualify for public voting with prizes awarded to the best videos. Everyone who submits a video will have the opportunity to receive a monthly participant prize. Entries must express any of the elements that define working hard by overcoming obstacles, working efficiently by lowering fuel consumption and working safely. The grand prize-winning video will be announced at CONEXPO-CON/AGG 2011.
The grand-prize winner will receive a trip for two to a premier sports event of their choice: the summer stock car race at Daytona, a professional hockey finals game, the college football national championship game or the men’s college basketball national championship game.
Entrants have until Feb. 24 to register and submit video entries in the challenge at workingironchallenge.com.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts521 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse371 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches78 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects69 Views