Volvo unveils P7110 paver at World of Asphalt
Amanda Bayhi | March 20, 2013
Volvo unveiled its P7110 paver at World of Asphalt today, though the machine is still in its pre-production stage. Volvo will begin production of this paver April 1.
The P7110 belongs to the P7000 series of pavers, which replaces the PF6000 series. A Volvo spokesperson said Volvo’s focus when creating the pavers was on operator interface and visibility.
This paver, powered by a Tier 4i Volvo engine, has a 10-foot width, a maximum paving width of 26 feet, a paving depth of 0.25 inches to 12 inches, a hopper length of 6.73 feet, an inside hopper length of 10.58 feet and a 16.5-inch auger diameter.
The P7110, the largest of Volvo’s pavers, features many changes from its predecessor, including:
- platform appearance
- color-coded control panels
- backlit switches
- grouped controls
- slide-out and pivoting seats
- repositioned armrest
- increased horsepower
- low deck
- railing along the platform
- 12-hour run time
The P7110 also includes hydraulics that allow for high ambiance and high altitude.
Watch the video below for more information about this new paver.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]900 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong833 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths746 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers630 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road465 Views