Volvo unveils P7110 paver at World of Asphalt
Amanda Bayhi | March 20, 2013
Volvo unveiled its P7110 paver at World of Asphalt today, though the machine is still in its pre-production stage. Volvo will begin production of this paver April 1.
The P7110 belongs to the P7000 series of pavers, which replaces the PF6000 series. A Volvo spokesperson said Volvo’s focus when creating the pavers was on operator interface and visibility.
This paver, powered by a Tier 4i Volvo engine, has a 10-foot width, a maximum paving width of 26 feet, a paving depth of 0.25 inches to 12 inches, a hopper length of 6.73 feet, an inside hopper length of 10.58 feet and a 16.5-inch auger diameter.
The P7110, the largest of Volvo’s pavers, features many changes from its predecessor, including:
- platform appearance
- color-coded control panels
- backlit switches
- grouped controls
- slide-out and pivoting seats
- repositioned armrest
- increased horsepower
- low deck
- railing along the platform
- 12-hour run time
The P7110 also includes hydraulics that allow for high ambiance and high altitude.
Watch the video below for more information about this new paver.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River549 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency547 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill393 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business338 Views