Volvo Trucks, UAW agree on 5-year contract
Tina Grady Barbaccia | March 28, 2011
Volvo Trucks North America employees represented by the United Auto Workers (UAW) on March 27 ratified a new five-year agreement covering about 1,300 members of UAW Local No. 2069 at the New River Valley, Va., plant.
The new contract is effective March 17, 2011, and will expire on March 16, 2016.
“We are the only manufacturing group still building trucks for this market exclusively in the United States, and agreements like this one help us keep American manufacturing competitive,” said Denny Slagle, president and CEO of Volvo Trucks North America, in a written statement. “Working with the UAW, we’ve arrived at an agreement that increases Volvo Trucks’ long-term competitiveness in the North American market, while continuing to offer our employees a great quality of life.
“Volvo gained two points of market share in 2010,” Slagle added, “and the stability this agreement provides will help us continue that momentum as the market improves.”
MORE FROM Uncategorized
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2230 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1301 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...946 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house617 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones530 Views