Volvo Trucks names Grile Auto & Truck Repair 2012 U.S. Dealer of the Year Award
Staff Report | March 3, 2013
The annual Volvo Trucks Dealer of the Year award honors the dealership’s organization and employees for overall accomplishment and performance. Selection criteria for the award includes outstanding performance in new truck and parts sales, growth in market share, penetration of Volvo engines, customer satisfaction index and investment in facilities.
The business opened in 1962 as Grile Auto & Truck Repair, acquired a Volvo franchise in 1994 and was purchased by dealer principal Bob Neitzke in 2000. Neitzke changed the dealership’s name to GATR, the acronym informally used during the Grile family’s many years of ownership.
During Neitzke’s 12 years of ownership, GATR has steadily grown. The full-service location in Sauk Rapids features extensive parts and service departments, new and used truck sales, rental and leasing services and a body shop and detailing facility. Locations in Cedar Rapids and Des Moines, Iowa extend the dealership’s reach.
“It’s a pleasure to again recognize GATR’s success,” said Göran Nyberg, president, Volvo Trucks North American sales & marketing, in a press release. “Bob Neitzke and his team consistently set the bar high and deliver in terms of sales, service and customer satisfaction.”
MORE FROM Industry
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views