Volvo sales surge in 2011
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 20, 2012
Volvo Trucks in 2011 recorded the North American heavy-duty truck industry’s largest market share gain of the year, based on retail sales data compiled by WardsAuto Group.
Volvo also hit a company record market share of 12.1 percent of the combined United States and Canadian retail market, and reached record penetration levels for its engines and I-Shift automated manual transmission.
Volvo Trucks’ retail market share in the U.S. jumped nearly three points and retail sales nearly doubled over 2010. For the combined U.S. and Canadian market, the company’s 12.1 perce
MORE FROM Economics
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs376 Views
- VIDEO: Foxx: ‘We should do more than just stabilize the Highway Trust Fund’322 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants269 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges203 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views