Volvo sales surge in 2011
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 20, 2012
Volvo Trucks in 2011 recorded the North American heavy-duty truck industry’s largest market share gain of the year, based on retail sales data compiled by WardsAuto Group.
Volvo also hit a company record market share of 12.1 percent of the combined United States and Canadian retail market, and reached record penetration levels for its engines and I-Shift automated manual transmission.
Volvo Trucks’ retail market share in the U.S. jumped nearly three points and retail sales nearly doubled over 2010. For the combined U.S. and Canadian market, the company’s 12.1 perce
MORE FROM Economics
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts555 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes543 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse487 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers138 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views