Volvo reveals cyclist anti-collision vehicle
Amanda Bayhi | March 18, 2013
Volvo has revealed its latest in transportation safety: a car that automatically stops for bicycles, BBC reported.
The car uses a radar scanner, a camera and a catalog of stored images to decide whether the car should slow down for potential dangers.
Volvo already offers this system to prevent collisions with pedestrians and is working on one to detect animals.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident1008 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles880 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse702 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side580 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005341 Views