Volvo reveals cyclist anti-collision vehicle
Volvo has revealed its latest in transportation safety: a car that automatically stops for bicycles, BBC reported.
The car uses a radar scanner, a camera and a catalog of stored images to decide whether the car should slow down for potential dangers.
Volvo already offers this system to prevent collisions with pedestrians and is working on one to detect animals.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)823 Views
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects588 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D347 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says259 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots241 Views