Volvo reveals cyclist anti-collision vehicle
Amanda Bayhi | March 18, 2013
Volvo has revealed its latest in transportation safety: a car that automatically stops for bicycles, BBC reported.
The car uses a radar scanner, a camera and a catalog of stored images to decide whether the car should slow down for potential dangers.
Volvo already offers this system to prevent collisions with pedestrians and is working on one to detect animals.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong865 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker334 Views
- VIDEO: Country music star Kip Moore's ballad for the construction industry 278 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views