Volvo reveals cyclist anti-collision vehicle
Amanda Bayhi | March 18, 2013
Volvo has revealed its latest in transportation safety: a car that automatically stops for bicycles, BBC reported.
The car uses a radar scanner, a camera and a catalog of stored images to decide whether the car should slow down for potential dangers.
Volvo already offers this system to prevent collisions with pedestrians and is working on one to detect animals.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts554 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse441 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers135 Views
- Keep your laws off our ditches75 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects74 Views