Volvo reveals cyclist anti-collision vehicle
Amanda Bayhi | March 18, 2013
Volvo has revealed its latest in transportation safety: a car that automatically stops for bicycles, BBC reported.
The car uses a radar scanner, a camera and a catalog of stored images to decide whether the car should slow down for potential dangers.
Volvo already offers this system to prevent collisions with pedestrians and is working on one to detect animals.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Firearms to be used for road construction763 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events692 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes595 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines578 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up481 Views