Volvo Rents names new VP of business development
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 25, 2011
Michael Crouch has taken on a new role as vice president of business development, a new for Volvo Rents. The new position was effective as of May 20.
Crouch has worked for 34 years in the construction equipment rental industry, with 10 of these in senior management roles within Volvo Rents in North America and Europe.
In this new role, Crouch will pursue acquisition opportunities within the rental industry.
To capitalize on the economic upturn, Volvo Rents says it is embarking on a new course, where it will not only operate a franchise network of rental stores but will also manage and grow a network of company-owned stores. In April, 2011, the Volvo Group established Volvo Rents as a stand-alone subsidiary of AB Volvo in order to increase its capabilities in
growing and securing a sizeable business.
From 2004-2011, Crouch served as vice president of operations for Volvo Rents in
North America. From 2002 – 2004, he was the vice president of Europe for Volvo
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?438 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views