Volvo Rents acquires Pa.-based Equipment Rental Services LLC
Tina Grady Barbaccia | October 10, 2011
Previously co-owned by Alex & Tim Paris with Andy Miller, the center is located at 108 Starpointe Blvd. in Burgettstown, PA.
Anchored by an increase in local construction spending that is projected to total more than $12 billion in the Pittsburgh marketplace between 2012 and 2016, Volvo Rents is looking to grab a bigger piece of the construction equipment rental pie that is currently up for grabs in Western Pennsylvania. To capitalize on the economic upturn, Volvo Rents is embarking on a new course, where it will not only operate a franchise network of rental stores, but also manage and grow a network of company-owned stores.
In addition to Volvo Rents’ expanding line of Volvo compact equipment – such as backhoe and skid steer loaders, compact wheel loaders, compact excavators and compaction equipment – the rental centers carry a comprehensive line of essential equipment and tools for the construction, commercial, industrial and homeowner markets. The focus is on daily, weekly and monthly rentals.
“Equipment Rental Services, LLC have already set the bar for customer service and expectations extremely high in Western Pennsylvania,” said Mike Crouch, vice president of business development for Volvo Rents. “This newest acquisition will greatly aid our brand’s growth across the state.”
MORE FROM Industry
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts552 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse446 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers124 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster92 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects69 Views