Volvo Rents acquires Aerial Platform Experts
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 29, 2012
Volvo Rents, a worldwide provider of small- to medium-sized construction equipment, announces the expansion of its operations into Iowa with the acquisition of Aerial Platform Experts, a single-location construction equipment rental company located at 3140 West 73rd Street in Davenport, Iowa.
The move comes as U.S. builders continue to increase their spending on construction projects for a second consecutive month, says Volvo Rents.
According to the latest data released by the Commerce Department, construction spending rose 0.3 percent in April, matching a March gain, thanks in part to a pickup in home construction and commercial projects.
It also comes on the heels of a new study by the Associated General Contractors of America that lists Iowa No. 4 in percentage growth of construction jobs for the 12 months ending in February.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River649 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs391 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business376 Views
- U.S. DOT predicts August shortfall in latest Highway Trust Fund Ticker update344 Views
- Illinois governor unveils 6-year, $8.6 billion transportation investment plan205 Views