Volvo Rents acquires Aerial Platform Experts
Tina Grady Barbaccia | June 29, 2012
Volvo Rents, a worldwide provider of small- to medium-sized construction equipment, announces the expansion of its operations into Iowa with the acquisition of Aerial Platform Experts, a single-location construction equipment rental company located at 3140 West 73rd Street in Davenport, Iowa.
The move comes as U.S. builders continue to increase their spending on construction projects for a second consecutive month, says Volvo Rents.
According to the latest data released by the Commerce Department, construction spending rose 0.3 percent in April, matching a March gain, thanks in part to a pickup in home construction and commercial projects.
It also comes on the heels of a new study by the Associated General Contractors of America that lists Iowa No. 4 in percentage growth of construction jobs for the 12 months ending in February.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges388 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory340 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress232 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?186 Views