Volvo releases Road Institute 2013-2014 course schedule
Amanda Bayhi | July 22, 2013
Volvo Construction Equipment has announced the 2013-2014 course schedule for Road Institute, which offers two- to five-day training sessions from mid-October until May in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, and in Phoenix, Arizona.
Road Institute uses a combination of classroom-style instruction and hands-on learning to teach road building industry professionals about getting the most from their equipment.
Road Institute offers a variety of sessions, including asphalt paver and compactor operation maintenance and applications; screed operation; soil compaction operations; and automatic grade and slope control systems. Topics in each session range from daily and weekly maintenance to the operation and application of asphalt paving, while maintaining safety as a key component.
Prices vary depending on course length. Three- to five-day courses are $750 a course for each student, while two-day sessions are $500 each per student.
For more information, or to register for classes, visit roadinstitute.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes550 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts532 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers143 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views