Volvo releases Road Institute 2013-2014 course schedule
Amanda Bayhi | July 22, 2013
Volvo Construction Equipment has announced the 2013-2014 course schedule for Road Institute, which offers two- to five-day training sessions from mid-October until May in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, and in Phoenix, Arizona.
Road Institute uses a combination of classroom-style instruction and hands-on learning to teach road building industry professionals about getting the most from their equipment.
Road Institute offers a variety of sessions, including asphalt paver and compactor operation maintenance and applications; screed operation; soil compaction operations; and automatic grade and slope control systems. Topics in each session range from daily and weekly maintenance to the operation and application of asphalt paving, while maintaining safety as a key component.
Prices vary depending on course length. Three- to five-day courses are $750 a course for each student, while two-day sessions are $500 each per student.
For more information, or to register for classes, visit roadinstitute.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker265 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges144 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes139 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver130 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon112 Views