Volvo releases Road Institute 2013-2014 course schedule
Volvo Construction Equipment has announced the 2013-2014 course schedule for Road Institute, which offers two- to five-day training sessions from mid-October until May in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, and in Phoenix, Arizona.
Road Institute uses a combination of classroom-style instruction and hands-on learning to teach road building industry professionals about getting the most from their equipment.
Road Institute offers a variety of sessions, including asphalt paver and compactor operation maintenance and applications; screed operation; soil compaction operations; and automatic grade and slope control systems. Topics in each session range from daily and weekly maintenance to the operation and application of asphalt paving, while maintaining safety as a key component.
Prices vary depending on course length. Three- to five-day courses are $750 a course for each student, while two-day sessions are $500 each per student.
For more information, or to register for classes, visit roadinstitute.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 2014554 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields275 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers269 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future267 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG253 Views