Volvo releases Road Institute 2013-2014 course schedule
Amanda Bayhi | July 22, 2013
Volvo Construction Equipment has announced the 2013-2014 course schedule for Road Institute, which offers two- to five-day training sessions from mid-October until May in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania, and in Phoenix, Arizona.
Road Institute uses a combination of classroom-style instruction and hands-on learning to teach road building industry professionals about getting the most from their equipment.
Road Institute offers a variety of sessions, including asphalt paver and compactor operation maintenance and applications; screed operation; soil compaction operations; and automatic grade and slope control systems. Topics in each session range from daily and weekly maintenance to the operation and application of asphalt paving, while maintaining safety as a key component.
Prices vary depending on course length. Three- to five-day courses are $750 a course for each student, while two-day sessions are $500 each per student.
For more information, or to register for classes, visit roadinstitute.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: CBS’s '60 Minutes' spotlights America's neglected infrastructure223 Views
- Texas leads U.S. equipment purchases in Q3, sales down 19 percent from 201392 Views
- What causes the most damage to our nation’s bridges?84 Views
- California, Florida DOTs named winners of America's Transportation Awards83 Views
- Obama names new highway safety chief82 Views