Volvo introduces DD110B asphalt compactor at World of Asphalt 2013
Volvo introduced its DD110B asphalt compactor at World of Asphalt today.
The DD110B will start shipping in 45 days.
The DD110B compactor, which is replacing DD90, features larger drums, more amplitude, higher frequency, increased centrifugal force and more water storage (made possible with two tanks) than its predecessor and is powered by a Tier 4i Volvo engine.
Volvo also included a new operator system with new features like a six-way adjustable seat, tilt steering wheel, instrument cluster and a newly-designed ROPS canopy.
This compactor has three drum options: 2 amplitude high frequency, 8 amplitude high frequency and 8 amplitude high frequency and altitude. Other features include manual and automatic modes, two water pumps, rubber drum wipers, cocoa fiber mat, backup alarm, infrared temperature package, pre-cleaner air filter, fuel strainer, four halogen HID lights, two strobe lights and a winterization package.
The DD110B is serviceable from the ground, comes factory-programmed for 10 impacts per foot, and comes with Volvo support and diagnostics.
Other models in the DD Series of asphalt compactor include the 12-ton, 78-inch-wide DD120B and the 14-ton, 84-inch-wide DD140B.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- PHOTOS: Chevy unveils 2015 Colorado pickup, available fall 20141010 Views
- With lack of transportation funding, highway contractors shift to other fields331 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Cat Introduces Four New D Series Skid Steers265 Views
- Ford starts production of F-150 with CNG263 Views
- Construction industry avoids list of 10 worst jobs for the future250 Views