Volvo Construction Equipment: Torque Parallel linkage combines power, precision
The G-Series wheel loaders are all fitted with a Volvo 6-liter, 6-cylinder turbochavrged V-ACT (Volvo-Advanced Combustion Technology) off-highway diesel engine, which features cooled gas recirculation and a particulate filter with active regeneration. The diesel particulate filter (DPF) temporarily holds the particulate matter and then incinerates it. Producing between 161 and 173 horsepower, depending on the model, the three units provide high torque at low engine speeds. The series’ wheel loaders loader arms now feature the patented Torque Parallel (TP) linkage to provide excellent breakout and lifting forces and to allow then to remain perfectly parallel throughout the lifting range — ensuring exceptional load stability, according to Volvo. A hydraulic attachment bracket enables work tools to be changed quickly. A new electrically operated sloping engine hood design improves rear visibility and, when opened, provides wide access to the engine compartment, making servicing and repairs easier.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects666 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)406 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D392 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)374 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots295 Views