Volvo Construction Equipment: Highest blade down pressure in weight class
Tina Grady Barbaccia | July 19, 2011
Volvo Construction Equipment’s new G900B-Series generation motor graders have new engines and a comprehensive package of features designed to aid traction, moldboard control, productivity, and ease of use.
The new motor grader is said to have the highest blade down pressure in each weight class, thanks to optimal overall machine balance and the distribution of the main grader components.
The four-model range consists of the 34,520-pound G930B, the 35,843-pound G940B, the 37,827–pound G946B, and the 38,709-pound G960B. All models feature new, larger displacement engines with increased power and torque than the models they replace. Meeting the low emission requirements of Tier 4i legislation, these new units feature cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) technology. This lowers the temperature in the combustion chamber and reduces the formation of nitrogen oxides by up to half.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax720 Views
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party401 Views
- PHOTOS: Six bridge/transportation projects receive 2014 PCI Awards389 Views
- Construction company called out for substandard concrete267 Views
- Gov. Scott Walker considers replacing Wisconsin's gas tax247 Views