Volvo Construction Equipment: Highest blade down pressure in weight class
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 3, 2011
Volvo Construction Equipment’s new G900B-Series generation motor graders have new engines and a comprehensive package of features designed to aid traction, moldboard control, productivity and ease of use. The new is said to have the highest blade down pressure in each weight class, thanks to optimal overall machine balance and the distribution of the main grader components. The four-model range consists of the 34,520-pound G930B, the 35,843-pound G940B, the 37,827–pound G946B, and the 38,709-pound G960B.
All models feature new, larger displacement engines with increased power and torque than the models they replace. Meeting the low emission requirements of Tier 4i legislation, these new units feature cooled exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) technology. This lowers the temperature in the combustion chamber and reduces the formation of nitrogen oxides by up to half.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Road commission worker killed by motor grader1144 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers859 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project422 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?355 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 282 Views