Volvo CE names Martin Weissburg as next president
Amanda Bayhi | November 18, 2013
Volvo Construction Equipment has announced its next president will be Martin Weissburg, who currently serves as president of Volvo Financial Services (VFS), according to a report from our sister site, Equipment World.
Weissburg succeeds current Volvo CE president Pat Olney, who announced in October that he will be leaving the company at the end of the year. Equipment World reports that Olney will be the next chief operating officer of TRW Automotive.
“It is with great pride and excitement that I take on this new position within the Volvo Group,” Weissburg said in a prepared statement.
He added that he has worked closely with Volvo CE during his time as president of Volvo VFS.
Equipment World notes that Weissburg has served as president of VFS since 2010. For the five years prior, he served as president of VFS Americas.
Weissburg, who graduated with an MBA from George Washington University, has previously worked as a marketing management trainee with Caterpillar and has served as president at Great Dane Financial and the Woodard manufacturing company.
VFS is searching for a replacement for Weissburg.
For more details, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges382 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college327 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress218 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?189 Views