Volvo CE names Martin Weissburg as next president
Amanda Bayhi | November 18, 2013
Volvo Construction Equipment has announced its next president will be Martin Weissburg, who currently serves as president of Volvo Financial Services (VFS), according to a report from our sister site, Equipment World.
Weissburg succeeds current Volvo CE president Pat Olney, who announced in October that he will be leaving the company at the end of the year. Equipment World reports that Olney will be the next chief operating officer of TRW Automotive.
“It is with great pride and excitement that I take on this new position within the Volvo Group,” Weissburg said in a prepared statement.
He added that he has worked closely with Volvo CE during his time as president of Volvo VFS.
Equipment World notes that Weissburg has served as president of VFS since 2010. For the five years prior, he served as president of VFS Americas.
Weissburg, who graduated with an MBA from George Washington University, has previously worked as a marketing management trainee with Caterpillar and has served as president at Great Dane Financial and the Woodard manufacturing company.
VFS is searching for a replacement for Weissburg.
For more details, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving394 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice340 Views
- Obama to present Congress with proposed transportation reauthorization bill331 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness294 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options285 Views