Volvo CE announces Tier 4 Final approach at Bauma 2013
Amanda Bayhi | April 17, 2013
Volvo Construction Equipment President Pat Olney said today at Bauma 2013 that the company will primarily use SCR technology as its Tier 4 Final approach, our sister site, Equipment World, reported from the show.
Olney noted that Volvo has achieved 5 percent fuel efficiency with its Final approach.
In order to maintain the correct DEF-to-fuel ratio, Volvo will size the DEF (or urea) tank on each machine proportionally. Engines 75 horsepower and greater will receive a combination of in-cylinder and external solutions as well as SCR.
Volvo will use SCR along with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) developed during Tier 4 Interim. The DPF used in Volvo’s Final approach will operate with advanced electronic control technologies and increased passive regeneration.
For more details about Volvo CE’s Tier 4 Final approach, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River561 Views
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency548 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill394 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs392 Views
- What the latest Obamacare update means for your business341 Views