Volvo CE announces Tier 4 Final approach at Bauma 2013
Amanda Bayhi | April 17, 2013
Volvo Construction Equipment President Pat Olney said today at Bauma 2013 that the company will primarily use SCR technology as its Tier 4 Final approach, our sister site, Equipment World, reported from the show.
Olney noted that Volvo has achieved 5 percent fuel efficiency with its Final approach.
In order to maintain the correct DEF-to-fuel ratio, Volvo will size the DEF (or urea) tank on each machine proportionally. Engines 75 horsepower and greater will receive a combination of in-cylinder and external solutions as well as SCR.
Volvo will use SCR along with a diesel particulate filter (DPF) and exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) developed during Tier 4 Interim. The DPF used in Volvo’s Final approach will operate with advanced electronic control technologies and increased passive regeneration.
For more details about Volvo CE’s Tier 4 Final approach, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts541 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse409 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster91 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers87 Views
- Deteriorating roads cost Michigan drivers nearly $4 billion annually78 Views