Video Walkaround: Hamm HD 14 TT rubber tire roller at World of Asphalt 2013
Amanda Bayhi | March 19, 2013
While walking through the show floor here at World of Asphalt 2013 in San Antonio, we happened upon the Wirtgen Group booth and a new, small piece of equipment caught our eye. So, we asked Tim Kowalski, applications support manager for Wirtgen’s Hamm rollers to give us a video tour of the HD 14 TT.
It’s a rubber tire roller with tires in both the front and back. Hamm introduced the roller late last year and it’s making a bit of debut for the new paving season here at the show. Kowalski said the company has seen success with this machine with municipalities and smaller contractors who do driveways and parking lots.
Rubber tire rollers use the static weight of the machine rather than vibration and are are considered good for working with uneven surfaces and gently kneading tender mixes rather than tearing them, Kowalski said.
Be sure to watch the full video below.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong865 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker334 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines219 Views
- SCDOT signs biggest road project contract in over a decade159 Views