Video Walkaround: Hamm HD 14 TT rubber tire roller at World of Asphalt 2013
Amanda Bayhi | March 19, 2013
While walking through the show floor here at World of Asphalt 2013 in San Antonio, we happened upon the Wirtgen Group booth and a new, small piece of equipment caught our eye. So, we asked Tim Kowalski, applications support manager for Wirtgen’s Hamm rollers to give us a video tour of the HD 14 TT.
It’s a rubber tire roller with tires in both the front and back. Hamm introduced the roller late last year and it’s making a bit of debut for the new paving season here at the show. Kowalski said the company has seen success with this machine with municipalities and smaller contractors who do driveways and parking lots.
Rubber tire rollers use the static weight of the machine rather than vibration and are are considered good for working with uneven surfaces and gently kneading tender mixes rather than tearing them, Kowalski said.
Be sure to watch the full video below.
MORE FROM New Road Products
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident948 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side532 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views
- Traffic deaths down nearly 23 percent since 2005362 Views