VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus
Wayne Grayson | August 25, 2014
At Bellhaven University they’re referring to it as “the Guardhouse Incident.”
With construction having begun on a new on-campus apartment complex, a lot of big construction equipment is making its way onto Bellhaven’s small campus in Jackson, Mississippi. And, as you can see in the video below, a particular guardhouse at an entrance to the campus didn’t afford one hauler quite enough room to squeeze an excavator in.
Thankfully no one was inside or close enough to the small structure to be injured and the university has been able to laugh off the situation. Bellhaven posted the video on its Facebook page noting, “We have begun construction on the new University Village, but planning the project we knew that one of the tough challenges would be getting equipment into the center of campus.”
“This is the fast way to move the guard house out of the way,” the page read.
The best part of the video has to be the guy running up from behind to warn the driver before it’s too late. And the runner in the white T-shirt who witnesses the destruction’s reaction of “Nope” without losing stride is perfect. Watch below.
This article was written by Wayne Grayson, Online Managing Editor of Equipment World.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts558 Views
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes546 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse490 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects75 Views