VIDEO: Sam Norwood from John Deere talks with a Better Roads editor about John Deere's new E Series skid steers
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 12, 2013
Sam Norwood took time to give me a walkaround of John Deere Forestry and Construction’s new E Series skid steers last week at World of Concrete 2013.
The skid steers were developed and designed using what Deere calls the “Bright Idea” concept – using customer feedback in conjunction with Deere engineers to create a machine that meets what customers really want and need.
The courtesy lighting (you can set the lighting to stay on anywhere from 30 to 90 seconds is pretty cool) and the three-way switchable controls are notable. The skid steers can be controlled by both foot and hand controls so equipment operators who are used to foot controls can control the machine that way and operators used hand controls can control the skid steers that way.
To view the video, go to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wmg3yJywXs&feature=share&list=UUccsoEaLLZUJh9JLNFuJ7JQ.
Look for my video with Sam Norwood on the G Series compact excavators in an upcoming e-newsletters.
For all the videos Better Roads has posted to YouTube! subscribe to our channel, BetterRoadsmag on YouTube!
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts540 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse409 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster91 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers79 Views
- Deteriorating roads cost Michigan drivers nearly $4 billion annually78 Views