VIDEO: MoDOT battles winter weather with team of two plows
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 22, 2014
Check out this video the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) Southeast District submitted for our series on “Winter Weather War Stories” and snow and ice control.
Tony Scholl, senior maintenance worker from the agency’s Perryville Facility, was driving the tow plow with Jeff Leible, Perryville facility supervisor, following the tractor plow. Perryville is located in Perry County, Missouri.
Scholl and Leible were plowing Highway 61 through town, which is a three lane facility. By using both plows together, they were able to gain good roadway coverage with one pass.
The video, shown below, was taken by Maintenance Superintendent Lawrence Schumer.
I must say, the tow plow is a BEAST, but that is the kind of plow I want clearing my roadways.
To see more photos from MoDOT’s Southeast Division, check out the agency’s Facebook page.
To submit your video, photo or story, send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We just may feature it online or in the magazine. We’d love to hear from you!
Photos and video courtesy of the Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) Southeast District.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1232 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1048 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...761 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse750 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones514 Views