VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side
Wayne Grayson | July 18, 2014
It’s a very fortunate thing that the closest third party to this accident was the guy who filmed the whole thing and that he was behind the trailer rather than next to it. There’s no indication where this took place, but a semi truck was hauling a massive steel beam to a jobsite somewhere when everything quickly went wrong. The truck takes a corner and shortly thereafter the trailer wanders left and then dog tracks to the right before colliding with a concrete guardrail. What happens next is pretty terrifying as the beam tips over jerking the truck with it. How could this have prevented? Sound off in the comments below.
This post was written by Wayne Grayson the Online Managing Editor for Equipment World.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Maintaining America’s most historic tourist routes545 Views
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts532 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse493 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for highway and bridge construction workers141 Views
- With no plans to raise gas tax, Alabama will rely on 2015 bond issue for road projects76 Views