VIDEO: Massive highway pileup in Milwaukee
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 10, 2013
Winter weather has hit much of the United States from Texas to Colorado and the Midwest and the Northeast.
There have been flight delays, school closings and major accidents.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) captured on traffic cameras a major pileup on U.S.-41/45 at Lannon Road about noon on Dec. 8.
(See what the traffic camera recorded in the video to the right.)
A couple of vehicles spun out of control and crashed into stopped cars. This was followed by a chain reaction of multiple vehicle slamming into each other.
Please use caution and common sense while driving and be courteous to the Department of Transportation and Department of Public Works folks out there plowing, laying salt and deicing.
MORE FROM Safety
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]923 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong885 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker336 Views