VIDEO: Massive highway pileup in Milwaukee
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 10, 2013
Winter weather has hit much of the United States from Texas to Colorado and the Midwest and the Northeast.
There have been flight delays, school closings and major accidents.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) captured on traffic cameras a major pileup on U.S.-41/45 at Lannon Road about noon on Dec. 8.
(See what the traffic camera recorded in the video to the right.)
A couple of vehicles spun out of control and crashed into stopped cars. This was followed by a chain reaction of multiple vehicle slamming into each other.
Please use caution and common sense while driving and be courteous to the Department of Transportation and Department of Public Works folks out there plowing, laying salt and deicing.
MORE FROM Safety
- VIDEO: Could ‘Beer Money’ help solve our infrastructure problem?435 Views
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs396 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges191 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants171 Views
- Case rolls out Tier 4 Final wheel loaders153 Views