VIDEO: Massive highway pileup in Milwaukee
Tina Grady Barbaccia | December 10, 2013
Winter weather has hit much of the United States from Texas to Colorado and the Midwest and the Northeast.
There have been flight delays, school closings and major accidents.
The Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT) captured on traffic cameras a major pileup on U.S.-41/45 at Lannon Road about noon on Dec. 8.
(See what the traffic camera recorded in the video to the right.)
A couple of vehicles spun out of control and crashed into stopped cars. This was followed by a chain reaction of multiple vehicle slamming into each other.
Please use caution and common sense while driving and be courteous to the Department of Transportation and Department of Public Works folks out there plowing, laying salt and deicing.
MORE FROM Safety
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles985 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse741 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones305 Views
- President Obama to urge for private investments289 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?281 Views