VIDEO: How and why to use heater scarification in full-depth reclamation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2014
Blair Barnhardt, APM, founder and executive director of the International Pavement Management Association (IPMA) and IPMA Academy, talks with Brian Frix, APM, pavement manager for the Rockdale County, Georgia, Department of Transportation, about heater scarification.
In this video, which is part of a series put together by IPMA, Barnhardt and Frix discuss how and why to use heater scarification during full-depth reclamation (FDR).
The association’s “Tip of the Week” video series focuses on tips to help achieve better roads.
Watch the video below to learn more about the importance of using heater scarification in FDR.
To see the first video in this series — about click here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges360 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory328 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college311 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress158 Views
- SDLG to make backhoes, motor graders; machines will no longer have Volvo brand137 Views