VIDEO: How and why to use heater scarification in full-depth reclamation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2014
Blair Barnhardt, APM, founder and executive director of the International Pavement Management Association (IPMA) and IPMA Academy, talks with Brian Frix, APM, pavement manager for the Rockdale County, Georgia, Department of Transportation, about heater scarification.
In this video, which is part of a series put together by IPMA, Barnhardt and Frix discuss how and why to use heater scarification during full-depth reclamation (FDR).
The association’s “Tip of the Week” video series focuses on tips to help achieve better roads.
Watch the video below to learn more about the importance of using heater scarification in FDR.
To see the first video in this series — about click here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: MoDOT employee finds a new way of transportation… skydiving352 Views
- Oklahoma DOT looks to Caltrans for bridge assessment advice325 Views
- 3 Ways to Avoid Heat-Related Illness291 Views
- Roundabouts And Intersections: Two Traffic Control Devices, Many Options279 Views
- CBO: Highway Trust Fund would shortfall under Obama's proposed budget225 Views