VIDEO: How and why to use heater scarification in full-depth reclamation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2014
Blair Barnhardt, APM, founder and executive director of the International Pavement Management Association (IPMA) and IPMA Academy, talks with Brian Frix, APM, pavement manager for the Rockdale County, Georgia, Department of Transportation, about heater scarification.
In this video, which is part of a series put together by IPMA, Barnhardt and Frix discuss how and why to use heater scarification during full-depth reclamation (FDR).
The association’s “Tip of the Week” video series focuses on tips to help achieve better roads.
Watch the video below to learn more about the importance of using heater scarification in FDR.
To see the first video in this series — about click here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1251 Views
- 4 dead after semi hits stopped vehicles1008 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...781 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse734 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones519 Views