VIDEO: How and why to use heater scarification in full-depth reclamation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2014
Blair Barnhardt, APM, founder and executive director of the International Pavement Management Association (IPMA) and IPMA Academy, talks with Brian Frix, APM, pavement manager for the Rockdale County, Georgia, Department of Transportation, about heater scarification.
In this video, which is part of a series put together by IPMA, Barnhardt and Frix discuss how and why to use heater scarification during full-depth reclamation (FDR).
The association’s “Tip of the Week” video series focuses on tips to help achieve better roads.
Watch the video below to learn more about the importance of using heater scarification in FDR.
To see the first video in this series — about click here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident996 Views
- Several deficiencies exposed in Skagit River Bridge collapse585 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side561 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?520 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes440 Views