VIDEO: How and why to use heater scarification in full-depth reclamation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2014
Blair Barnhardt, APM, founder and executive director of the International Pavement Management Association (IPMA) and IPMA Academy, talks with Brian Frix, APM, pavement manager for the Rockdale County, Georgia, Department of Transportation, about heater scarification.
In this video, which is part of a series put together by IPMA, Barnhardt and Frix discuss how and why to use heater scarification during full-depth reclamation (FDR).
The association’s “Tip of the Week” video series focuses on tips to help achieve better roads.
Watch the video below to learn more about the importance of using heater scarification in FDR.
To see the first video in this series — about click here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Congress passes spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts504 Views
- Tappan Zee bridge construction shut down after silos collapse342 Views
- Construction worker stops wrong way driver, avoids potential disaster115 Views
- $163 billion needed annually to fix aging surface transportation system101 Views
- Alerting Congress: Most jobs created by transportation investment occur in non-construction sectors90 Views