VIDEO: How and why to use heater scarification in full-depth reclamation
Tina Grady Barbaccia | January 13, 2014
Blair Barnhardt, APM, founder and executive director of the International Pavement Management Association (IPMA) and IPMA Academy, talks with Brian Frix, APM, pavement manager for the Rockdale County, Georgia, Department of Transportation, about heater scarification.
In this video, which is part of a series put together by IPMA, Barnhardt and Frix discuss how and why to use heater scarification during full-depth reclamation (FDR).
The association’s “Tip of the Week” video series focuses on tips to help achieve better roads.
Watch the video below to learn more about the importance of using heater scarification in FDR.
To see the first video in this series — about click here.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong991 Views
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]959 Views
- Homeless forced to relocate due to bridge construction461 Views
- A road without fibers is a road soon to be in need of repair439 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker342 Views