Video and pic report from Rally for the Roads in D.C.
Tina Grady Barbaccia | May 25, 2011
Better Roads Editor-in-Chief John Latta attended the May 25 “Rally for the Roads” on the National Mall in Washington, D.C.[kaltura-widget wid="bkiyrbiqe8" width="400" height="365" addpermission="" editpermission="" /]
He has sent back raw footage from the event as well as photos. Check out the videos and pics below to get a first-hand account.
The National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA) and its allied trade associations will sponsor a “Rally for Roads” on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., on May 25 at 11 a.m. EDT, to bring attention to the critical need for Congress to develop and pass a well-funded, multi-year highway reauthorization bill.
The Rally was held in conjunction with the Transportation Construction Coalition Fly-In (TCC Fly-In) on May 24 and 25 bringing together industry allies to meet with members of the 112th Congress in pressing the importance of transportation infrastructure investment.
MORE FROM Economics
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2194 Views
- Wrongly fired DOT employees return to work988 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority701 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles653 Views
- Tolling becoming the solution of choice for most Americans513 Views