Vice President Biden expected to tout infrastructure investment during Panama Canal visit
Amanda Bayhi | October 28, 2013
Vice President Joe Biden is expected to promote infrastructure investment during a visit to the Panama Canal next month, according to a report from The Hill.
The White House announced last week Biden’s tour of the Panama Canal expansion project.
The Hill’s report notes that Biden will travel to Panama during the third week of November, when he is expected to meet with Panama President Ricardo Martinelli to tour the project and discuss a partnership between the U.S. and Panama.
Biden’s visit to the Panama Canal follows his recent visits to the ports of Baltimore, Charleston and Savannah, where he highlighted the need for infrastructure investments in the U.S.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Firearms to be used for road construction763 Views
- Highway Trust Fund 2014: Timeline of Events698 Views
- POLL: Majority of Americans would rather pay tolls than taxes595 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines577 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up481 Views