Vice President Biden expected to tout infrastructure investment during Panama Canal visit
Amanda Bayhi | October 28, 2013
Vice President Joe Biden is expected to promote infrastructure investment during a visit to the Panama Canal next month, according to a report from The Hill.
The White House announced last week Biden’s tour of the Panama Canal expansion project.
The Hill’s report notes that Biden will travel to Panama during the third week of November, when he is expected to meet with Panama President Ricardo Martinelli to tour the project and discuss a partnership between the U.S. and Panama.
Biden’s visit to the Panama Canal follows his recent visits to the ports of Baltimore, Charleston and Savannah, where he highlighted the need for infrastructure investments in the U.S.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong847 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views