Vice President Biden expected to tout infrastructure investment during Panama Canal visit
Amanda Bayhi | October 28, 2013
Vice President Joe Biden is expected to promote infrastructure investment during a visit to the Panama Canal next month, according to a report from The Hill.
The White House announced last week Biden’s tour of the Panama Canal expansion project.
The Hill’s report notes that Biden will travel to Panama during the third week of November, when he is expected to meet with Panama President Ricardo Martinelli to tour the project and discuss a partnership between the U.S. and Panama.
Biden’s visit to the Panama Canal follows his recent visits to the ports of Baltimore, Charleston and Savannah, where he highlighted the need for infrastructure investments in the U.S.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign1997 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1311 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...883 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones539 Views
- Can you believe how much bad roads cost Texas drivers?324 Views