Versilis Inc.: Remotely activated dynamic signs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 3, 2011
SwiftGate Automated Lane Closure Systems and SwiftSign Dynamic Signage Systems from Versilis Inc. are remotely activated systems that consist of a set of modules controlled by an radio frequency remote control.
Each system module consists of a pivoting gate or sign, a solar panel, a control box and a remote control. The system runs entirely on solar energy, which makes installing or relocating the modules fast and easy. When activated, the gates or signs pivot into position facing traffic quickly and safely so crews don’t have to work in live traffic setting barrels or cones. Lane closure can be accomplished in as little as four minutes.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Report: Just 6 Percent of 2013 federal-aid funding went into new roads & bridges385 Views
- 2014 Better Roads Bridge Inventory339 Views
- One killed, four injured after bridge collapses at college322 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: Who’s in and who’s out in next Congress225 Views
- Tracked electric vehicles the future of transportation?176 Views