Versilis Inc.: Remotely activated dynamic signs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 3, 2011
SwiftGate Automated Lane Closure Systems and SwiftSign Dynamic Signage Systems from Versilis Inc. are remotely activated systems that consist of a set of modules controlled by an radio frequency remote control.
Each system module consists of a pivoting gate or sign, a solar panel, a control box and a remote control. The system runs entirely on solar energy, which makes installing or relocating the modules fast and easy. When activated, the gates or signs pivot into position facing traffic quickly and safely so crews don’t have to work in live traffic setting barrels or cones. Lane closure can be accomplished in as little as four minutes.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]914 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong847 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers633 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus383 Views
- How to become a more productive highway construction worker350 Views