Versilis Inc.: Remotely activated dynamic signs
Tina Grady Barbaccia | August 3, 2011
SwiftGate Automated Lane Closure Systems and SwiftSign Dynamic Signage Systems from Versilis Inc. are remotely activated systems that consist of a set of modules controlled by an radio frequency remote control.
Each system module consists of a pivoting gate or sign, a solar panel, a control box and a remote control. The system runs entirely on solar energy, which makes installing or relocating the modules fast and easy. When activated, the gates or signs pivot into position facing traffic quickly and safely so crews don’t have to work in live traffic setting barrels or cones. Lane closure can be accomplished in as little as four minutes.
MORE FROM eRoadPro Newsletter
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)1923 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1248 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project515 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?341 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 306 Views