United Rentals cleared for RSC Holdings acquisition
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 15, 2012
United Rentals Inc. and RSC Holdings Inc. on Feb. 15 made public that United Rentals received a “no-action letter” from the Canadian Competition Bureau indicating that the Bureau does not intend to oppose completion of the previously announced acquisition of RSC Holdings by United Rentals.
The receipt of the “no-action letter” satisfies one of the conditions to the closing of the proposed transaction.
Completion of the proposed transaction remains subject to certain other closing conditions, including, among others, approvals of the stockholders of United Rentals and RSC Holdings.
MORE FROM Industry
- 5 Options for Avoiding Highway Trust Fund Insolvency524 Views
- Boxer outlines Senate priorities for long-term surface transportation bill397 Views
- Sen. Murray warns Highway Trust Fund insolvency 'threat is growing'396 Views
- Foxx: Insolvent transportation system could cost 700k jobs371 Views
- VIDEO: Watch these crews slide a half-mile, 30 million-pound bridge into place over the Ohio River299 Views