Unbalanced Stimulus Distribution?
John Latta | February 23, 2010
Is there a disconnect between where our roads are most travelled and where stimulus money is being spent?
In the Up Front blog from the Brookings Institution, Robert Puentes looks at America’s 100 largest metropolitan areas and, not surprisingly, finds that this is where most of our commerce is and where most of our highways miles are travelled. But the percentage of ARRA funds directed at transport projects that goes to these areas does not match this dominance. Even given the administration’s stated idea to target our more depressed areas, the imbalance raises some questions. Check out the blog entry.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Oopsie! DOT forgets to spellcheck interstate sign2167 Views
- Road worker killed while picking up construction cones1328 Views
- The state with the best roads in the country is...938 Views
- Senate passes highway bill, vote sent back to house580 Views
- 3 tips for staying safe inside road construction work zones547 Views