Unbalanced Stimulus Distribution?
Is there a disconnect between where our roads are most travelled and where stimulus money is being spent?
In the Up Front blog from the Brookings Institution, Robert Puentes looks at America’s 100 largest metropolitan areas and, not surprisingly, finds that this is where most of our commerce is and where most of our highways miles are travelled. But the percentage of ARRA funds directed at transport projects that goes to these areas does not match this dominance. Even given the administration’s stated idea to target our more depressed areas, the imbalance raises some questions. Check out the blog entry.
MORE FROM The Roadologist
- Rand Paul introduces bill to fund emergency transportation projects470 Views
- Tesla Model S earns top ratings from Consumer Reports435 Views
- Big four cellphone companies jointly launch anti-texting campaign260 Views
- Acceptance of connected vehicles depends on cost, LaHood says252 Views
- Cities rethink transportation due to drop in young drivers217 Views