Ultra portable traffic management systems
Tina Grady Barbaccia | February 22, 2012
Used in a variety of traffic situations as an alternative to portable traffic light signals, the Ultra Portable Traffic Management System (UPTMS) form Holase Inc. is a compact, self-contained, battery-powered traffic signal that is easy to set up.
Programmed with a wireless remote control (included) or a computer, the UPTMS (patent pending) continuously monitors and reconfigures itself if it detects unauthorized change. It can be stored in a duffle bag and fits easily within a vehicle for easy access and immediate deployment. It is also 2009 MUTCD compliant.
Features include 12-inch lens light panels with removable visors and automatic adjustable brightness. Included is a telescoping stand with integrated battery pack. With configurable traffic patterns, such as full pattern and directional arrows, the UPTMS has programmable light timing cycles with operating and monitoring distances of 1,000 feet (there is a three-mile option). It is also available with an optional solar panel.
MORE FROM ATSSA 2012
- Think you're a good driver? Try staying in these crooked lanes [VIDEO]896 Views
- Vehicles covered in oil and grime after construction project gone wrong803 Views
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths748 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers629 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road479 Views