U.S. Travel Association to host conference focused on infrastructure improvements
Amanda Bayhi | November 7, 2013
The conference, Connecting America Through Travel, will take place November 19-20 at The Knight Conference Center at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
The U.S. Travel Association notes that the conference will feature “an important dialogue on how to break the logjam on renewing America’s vital infrastructure.”
Key speakers will include:
Fredrick G. Wright, executive director of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
Edward G. Rendell, former Governor of Pennsylvania and co-chair for Building America’s Future (BAF)
Patrick D. Jones, executive director and CEO of the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA)
Michael P. Melaniohy, president and CEO if the American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
For more information, or to register, visit ustravel.org/events/connecting-america-through-travel.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Road worker crushed and killed by concrete lane barrier255 Views
- Cincinnati bridge collapse kills construction worker, injures truck driver251 Views
- Obama calls for 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' doesn't mention gas tax increase126 Views
- VP Biden announces new steps to Build America Investment Initiative120 Views
- Michigan Senate votes to raise gas tax96 Views