U.S. Travel Association to host conference focused on infrastructure improvements
Amanda Bayhi | November 7, 2013
The conference, Connecting America Through Travel, will take place November 19-20 at The Knight Conference Center at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
The U.S. Travel Association notes that the conference will feature “an important dialogue on how to break the logjam on renewing America’s vital infrastructure.”
Key speakers will include:
Fredrick G. Wright, executive director of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
Edward G. Rendell, former Governor of Pennsylvania and co-chair for Building America’s Future (BAF)
Patrick D. Jones, executive director and CEO of the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA)
Michael P. Melaniohy, president and CEO if the American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
For more information, or to register, visit ustravel.org/events/connecting-america-through-travel.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Shuster, Boxer say highway bill is about jobs376 Views
- VIDEO: Foxx: ‘We should do more than just stabilize the Highway Trust Fund’322 Views
- Obama proposes $302 billion, 4-year reauthorization bill, announces availability of $600 million in TIGER grants269 Views
- DOT report: $123.7 billion needed to maintain, improve highways, bridges203 Views
- DOT seeks innovative transportation tools153 Views