U.S. Travel Association to host conference focused on infrastructure improvements
Amanda Bayhi | November 7, 2013
The conference, Connecting America Through Travel, will take place November 19-20 at The Knight Conference Center at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
The U.S. Travel Association notes that the conference will feature “an important dialogue on how to break the logjam on renewing America’s vital infrastructure.”
Key speakers will include:
Fredrick G. Wright, executive director of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
Edward G. Rendell, former Governor of Pennsylvania and co-chair for Building America’s Future (BAF)
Patrick D. Jones, executive director and CEO of the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA)
Michael P. Melaniohy, president and CEO if the American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
For more information, or to register, visit ustravel.org/events/connecting-america-through-travel.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- How to avoid highway work zone injuries and deaths756 Views
- Turn Around! FDOT seeking ways to alert wrong-way drivers619 Views
- Elderly woman destroys newly poured road533 Views
- VIDEO: Semi hauling an excavator plows through a guardhouse while pulling onto college campus384 Views
- How two men avoided travel fees by outsmarting airlines335 Views