U.S. Travel Association to host conference focused on infrastructure improvements
Amanda Bayhi | November 7, 2013
The conference, Connecting America Through Travel, will take place November 19-20 at The Knight Conference Center at the Newseum in Washington, D.C.
The U.S. Travel Association notes that the conference will feature “an important dialogue on how to break the logjam on renewing America’s vital infrastructure.”
Key speakers will include:
Fredrick G. Wright, executive director of the American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO)
Edward G. Rendell, former Governor of Pennsylvania and co-chair for Building America’s Future (BAF)
Patrick D. Jones, executive director and CEO of the International Bridge, Tunnel and Turnpike Association (IBTTA)
Michael P. Melaniohy, president and CEO if the American Public Transportation Association (APTA)
For more information, or to register, visit ustravel.org/events/connecting-america-through-travel.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)2270 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1272 Views
- Highway users, road builders oppose bill to surrender federal highway authority605 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project560 Views
- New use of carbon fiber grid in precast concrete piles547 Views