U.S. DOT to collect public input on upcoming Comprehensive Truck Size and Weight Limits Study
Amanda Bayhi | May 17, 2013
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) will hold its Public Input Session for its upcoming Comprehensive Truck Size and Weight Limits Study (CTSW) on May 29 from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time at the U.S. DOT Headquarters.
It is the first of four Public Outreach Sessions to be held over the next 18 months.
The DOT is required by the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act Section 32801 to complete the study, which will compare trucks operating within current Federal truck size and weight limits with those operating in excess of those limits.
This Public Outreach Session will allow participants to share feedback on the DOT’s intended approach for completing the study and share comments on alternative truck configurations to be evaluated in the Study.
The event is free and open to the public. It will be held as an in-person workshop, but a webinar will also be available for participants who cannot attend in person.
To view a copy of the transcript and summary of the discussions after the session has ended, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- No charges filed after woman kills construction worker270 Views
- Ohio worker’s death creates urgency on inspecting NJ bridges237 Views
- Boehner discusses Highway Trust Fund on 60 Minutes211 Views
- NAPA announces winners of national paving awards126 Views
- Fingers crossed: Senate highway bill could be unveiled soon117 Views