U.S. DOT to collect public input on upcoming Comprehensive Truck Size and Weight Limits Study
Amanda Bayhi | May 17, 2013
The U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) will hold its Public Input Session for its upcoming Comprehensive Truck Size and Weight Limits Study (CTSW) on May 29 from 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern Time at the U.S. DOT Headquarters.
It is the first of four Public Outreach Sessions to be held over the next 18 months.
The DOT is required by the Moving Ahead for Progress in the 21st Century Act Section 32801 to complete the study, which will compare trucks operating within current Federal truck size and weight limits with those operating in excess of those limits.
This Public Outreach Session will allow participants to share feedback on the DOT’s intended approach for completing the study and share comments on alternative truck configurations to be evaluated in the Study.
The event is free and open to the public. It will be held as an in-person workshop, but a webinar will also be available for participants who cannot attend in person.
To view a copy of the transcript and summary of the discussions after the session has ended, click here.
MORE FROM News & Analysis
- Several NMDOT employees fired following drunken party477 Views
- California to test feasibility of mileage tax244 Views
- MnDOT up a creek without a paddle due to mine expansion220 Views
- Highway and bridge construction starts on the rise in September162 Views
- Bay Bridge construction project suspended after causing major traffic issues110 Views