U.S. DOT: Highway Trust Fund could shortfall as early as late July
Amanda Bayhi | March 17, 2014
The U.S. Department of Transportation has updated its Highway Trust Fund Ticker, and a chart on the page shows that the Highway Trust Fund could shortfall as early as the end of July.
The DOT notes that the HTF “will encounter a shortfall before the end of fiscal year (FY) 2014,” adding that “the surface transportation program continues to outlay at a greater pace than receipts are coming in” and that the balance has dropped by nearly $3.3 billion since $9.7 billion was transferred from the General Fund after the start of the fiscal year.
By the end of February, the Highway Account cash balance stood at $8.6 billion.
To see the DOT’s Highway Trust Fund Ticker, click here.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- Secret Cold War bunker found inside Brooklyn Bridge (PHOTOS)1923 Views
- Most common work-related deaths for highway and bridge construction workers1248 Views
- DOT loans $950 million to Florida highway project515 Views
- Why repair cracks when you can avoid them altogether?341 Views
- California drivers paying the price for deficient roads and bridges 306 Views