U.S. DOT: Highway Trust Fund could shortfall as early as late July
Amanda Bayhi | March 17, 2014
The U.S. Department of Transportation has updated its Highway Trust Fund Ticker, and a chart on the page shows that the Highway Trust Fund could shortfall as early as the end of July.
The DOT notes that the HTF “will encounter a shortfall before the end of fiscal year (FY) 2014,” adding that “the surface transportation program continues to outlay at a greater pace than receipts are coming in” and that the balance has dropped by nearly $3.3 billion since $9.7 billion was transferred from the General Fund after the start of the fiscal year.
By the end of February, the Highway Account cash balance stood at $8.6 billion.
To see the DOT’s Highway Trust Fund Ticker, click here.
MORE FROM Featured Articles
- 5 freeway bridges in need of repair following accident856 Views
- What state has the worst roads and bridges in the country?552 Views
- VIDEO: With streaking flash of explosives, mile-long bridge collapses in 3 seconds533 Views
- VIDEO: Massive steel beam falls off trailer, snatches semi truck onto its side459 Views
- 70-foot-long bridge survives series of earthquakes445 Views