U.S. construction growth will outpace GDP during next 10 years
Growth in China, India and the U.S. will account for more than one-half of the predicted $4.8 trillion growth in global construction to 2020.
A cyclical rebound as well as a growing population will drive growth in construction in the US, whilst rising populations, rapid urbanization and strong economic growth are key drivers for construction in emerging markets.
MORE FROM Economics
- Obama signs memorandum to expedite infrastructure projects653 Views
- Sydney uses water curtains to alert drivers to stop (VIDEO)389 Views
- Florida’s Red Light Camera Game: G R E E N orange R E D386 Views
- Seattle tests bikes as disaster relief (VIDEO)348 Views
- FHWA deploys bridge-inspecting robots292 Views